Musical workshop with Laura Hall and Rick Hall
Impro Neuf proudly presents Rick & Laura Hall Music Improv Workshop!
Have you always wondered, “How do they improvise the songs on “Whose Line Is It Anyway?” If so then join with “Whose Line's” musical director Laura Hall, and veteran Second City improviser Rick Hall for their Music Improv Workshop.
Laura & Rick have taught Music Improv all over the U.S. and Canada. They create a supportive, playful environment, starting with games and warm-ups to ease into singing.
Even if you've never done song improv before, you'll build vocal confidence and learn to listen to each other and the accompaniment. And if you're already experienced with song improv, we'll stretch your skills and help you explore all sorts of fun new ways to use music. Before you know it, you'll be belting out your own great improvised songs!
Here is some of the material we'll cover:
1. Warming up and why it’s important; the care and use of your voice.
2. Building vocal confidence: exploring melody, rhythm, discovering your natural voice, ways to help if you’re not an experienced singer.
3. Finding your own way of approaching a musical accompaniment, and your own take on the subject matter.
4. Music improv as a natural extension of scenic work: digging deeper into character, emotion and location work to bring your songs to life.
5. Ensemble singing: Listening, watching, taking turns, coming to a chorus, harmonies
6. Rhyming exercises and games such as Irish Drinking Song and Hoedown.
7. Musical structure (and why it’s important)
8. Incorporating music into a long form like a Harold, Montage, Armando, etc.
9. Advanced ensemble singing: Sing in one voice, call & response, counter melodies, duets, trios, etc.
10. Movement: improvising group choreography
Part 1: December 1, 2018 from 14:00 - 17:00
Part 2: December 2, 2018 from 14:00 - 17:00
600 NOK each
Those who register for both will have the opportunity to perform with Rick and Laura at Chateau Neuf Saturday night. More details to be announced.